§ 1 Scope
§ 2 Registration, conclusion of contract and subject matter
1. Prerequisite for the use of the forum is the registration via the appropriate online form. After registration via the online form in the forum, you will receive a confirmation email to verify your data, with which you can confirm your registration by mouse click. With the activation of your account by the provider, the free forum usage contract comes into effect (conclusion of contract).
2. Subject matter of the contract is the free use of the functions of the forum as an online communication platform. For this purpose, you as a user will be provided with an "account" with which you can post contributions and topics in the forum.
3. There is basically no legal claim to activation or participation in the forum. It applies the unrestricted house right of the operator.
4. Your forum account may only be used by yourself. Likewise, as the owner of the account, you are responsible for protecting it from misuse. Your access data must therefore be protected from access by third parties. The use of trademarked words and internet addresses as usernames (nicknames) is not allowed.
5. The provider will make every effort to offer the service for retrieval without interruption as far as possible. Even with all due care, downtime can not be excluded, in which the web servers due to technical or other problems that are not within the control of the provider (fault of third parties, force majeure, attacks against the infrastructure by hackers, etc.) is not accessible via the Internet. The user acknowledges that 100% availability of the website is technically impossible.
6 The provider reserves the right to change and expand the content and structure of the platform as well as the associated user interfaces, if this does not or only insignificantly affect the purpose of the contract concluded with the user. The provider will inform the users accordingly about the changes.
7. Peaceful and respectful interaction without offensive hostility shall be maintained among the users.
8. The form of address in all interactive levels and especially in the forum itself is the "You" customary on the Internet.
9. Posts in the forum can be made in German or English.
§ 3 Obligations as a forum user
1. As a user, you undertake not to publish any posts that violate these rules, morality or otherwise violate applicable German law. In particular, you are prohibited.
- to publish offensive or untrue content;
- publish political, racist and pornographic content;
- to send spam via the system to other users;
- to use content protected by law, in particular by copyright and trademark law, without authorization;
- take anti-competitive actions;
- Posting your topic multiple times in the forum (double postings);
- Publish third party press articles in the forum without the consent of the author;
- Advertise in the forum without the express written permission of the provider to operate. This also applies to so-called surreptitious advertising such as, in particular, linking your own website with or without post text in the signature or within posts. URLs and address or contact information may only be published in the user profile of the forum.
The DIYLAB forum is a expert forum and has its own off-topic area, which is not visible to guests. In this area, the enumerated rules apply in particular. In all other areas, only topics that fit the corresponding subject area are welcome.
2. As a user, you undertake to check your posts and topics before publishing them to see whether they contain information that you do not want to publish. Your contributions and topics can be recorded in search engines and thus become accessible worldwide. A claim for deletion or correction of such search engine entries against the provider is excluded.
3. In the event of a violation, in particular of the aforementioned rules § 3 para 1 and 2, the provider may also impose the following sanctions on the user, irrespective of any termination:
- Deletion or modification of content posted by the user,
- issuance of a warning or
- blocking access to the forum.
4. Should third parties or other users make claims against the provider for possible legal violations that a) result from the content posted by you as a user and/or b) arise from the use of the provider's services by you as a user, You as a user agree to indemnify the Provider from any claims, including claims for damages, and to reimburse the Provider for the costs incurred by the Provider due to the possible infringement. In particular, the provider is exempted from the costs of the necessary legal defense. The provider is entitled to demand an appropriate advance payment from you as the user for this purpose. As a user, you are obligated to support the provider in good faith with information and documents in the legal defense against third parties. All further rights as well as claims for damages of the provider remain unaffected. If you as a user are not responsible for the possible infringement, the aforementioned obligations do not apply.
§ 4 Transfer of rights of use
1. The copyright for your topics and contributions, as far as these are copyrightable, remains in principle with you as a user. However, by posting a topic or contribution, you grant the provider the right to keep the topic or contribution permanently on its websites. In addition, the provider has the right to delete, edit, move or close your topics and posts.
2. The aforementioned rights of use shall remain in force even in the event of termination of the forum account.
§ 5 Limitation of liability
1. The provider of the forum does not assume any liability for the content posted on the forum, in particular for its accuracy, completeness and timeliness.
2. The provider is liable for intent and gross negligence and for breach of a material contractual obligation. Material contractual obligations are those whose fulfillment makes the proper execution of the contract possible in the first place and on whose compliance the contractual partner may regularly rely. The Provider shall be liable, limited to compensation for the damage foreseeable at the time of the conclusion of the contract and typical for the contract, for such damage that is based on a slightly negligent breach of material contractual obligations by him or one of his legal representatives or vicarious agents. The Provider shall not be liable in the event of a slightly negligent breach of ancillary obligations that are not essential contractual obligations. Liability for damages that fall within the scope of protection of a guarantee or warranty given by the provider as well as liability for claims based on the Product Liability Act and damages arising from injury to life, limb or health remain unaffected.
§ 6 Term / termination of the contract
1. This agreement is concluded for an indefinite period.
2. Either party may terminate this agreement without notice.
3. If the user deletes his account or has it deleted (termination of the agreement), his public statements, especially posts in the forum, remain visible to all readers, but the account is no longer retrievable and marked "guest" in the forum. All other data will be deleted.
Source: Forum rules sample of Juraforum.de