§ 1 Scope of application
The following terms and conditions apply to the use of the DIYLAB forum (hereinafter referred to as "Provider").
§ 2 Registration, conclusion of the contract and subject matter
1. Prerequisite for the use of the forum is the registration via the corresponding online form. After registration via the online form in the forum, you will receive a confirmation email to verify your data, with which you can confirm your registration by mouse click. With the activation of your account by the provider, the free forum usage contract comes into effect (conclusion of contract).
2. The subject of the contract is the free use of the functions of the forum as an online communication platform. For this purpose, you as a user will be provided with an "account" with which you can post articles and topics in the forum.
3. There is basically no legal claim to activation or participation in the forum. The unrestricted domiciliary right of the operator applies.
4. Your forum account may only be used by yourself. As the owner of the account, you are also responsible for protecting it from misuse. Your access data must therefore be protected from access by third parties. The use of trademarked words and internet addresses as usernames (nicknames) is not allowed.
5. The provider will try to offer the service as uninterrupted as possible. Even with all due care, downtimes cannot be ruled out in which the web servers cannot be accessed via the Internet due to technical or other problems beyond the control of the provider (fault of third parties, force majeure, attacks against the infrastructure by hackers, etc.). The user acknowledges that a 100% availability of the website is technically impossible to realize. 6.
6. The provider reserves the right to change and expand the content and structure of the platform as well as the associated user interfaces, if this does not or only insignificantly affect the purpose of the contract concluded with the user. The provider will inform the users accordingly about the changes.
7. A peaceful and respectful interaction without insulting hostilities shall be maintained among the users.
8. The form of salutation in all interactive levels and especially in the forum itself is the usual in the Internet "You".
9. Posts in the forum can be created in German or English.
§ 3 Duties as a forum user
1. As a user you are obliged not to publish any contributions that violate these rules, morality or otherwise violate applicable German law. In particular, you are prohibited from
- to publish insulting or untrue contents;
- to publish political, racist or pornographic content;
- to send spam to other users via the system;
- use content protected by law, in particular by copyright and trademark law, without authorization;
- to perform anti-competitive actions;
- post your topic more than once in the forum (double postings);
- to publish press articles of third parties in the forum without the consent of the author;
- to advertise in the forum without the express written permission of the provider. This also applies to so-called surreptitious advertising such as, in particular, linking your own website with or without posting text in the signature or within posts. URLs and address or contact data may only be published in the user profile of the forumM
The DIYLAB forum is a professional forum and has its own off-topic area, which is not visible for guests. In this area, the listed rules apply in particular. In all other areas, only topics that fit the corresponding subject area are welcome.
2. As a user you are obliged to check your contributions and topics before publishing them to see if they contain information that you do not want to publish. Your contributions and topics can be recorded in search engines and thus become accessible worldwide. A claim for deletion or correction of such search engine entries against the provider is excluded.
3. In case of violation, especially against the above mentioned rules § 3 paragraph 1 and 2, the provider can also impose the following sanctions against the user, independent of a termination:
- Deletion or modification of content posted by the user;
- issuing a warning or;
- Blocking access to the forum;
4. Should third parties or other users make claims against the provider for possible legal violations that a) result from the content posted by you as a user and/or b) result from the use of the services of the provider by you as a user, you as a user agree to indemnify the
Provider from any claims, including claims for damages, and to reimburse the Provider for the costs incurred by the Provider due to the possible infringement. In particular, the provider is exempted from the costs of the necessary legal defense. The provider is entitled to demand an appropriate advance payment from you as the user for this purpose. As a user, you are obligated to support the provider in good faith with information and documents in the legal defense against third parties. All further rights as well as claims for damages of the provider remain unaffected. If you as a user are not responsible for the possible infringement, the aforementioned obligations do not apply.
§ 4 Transfer of rights of use
1. The copyright for your topics and contributions, as far as these are copyrightable, remains in principle with you as a user. However, by posting a topic or contribution, you grant the provider the right to keep the topic or contribution permanently on its websites. In addition, the provider has the right to delete, edit, move or close your topics and posts.
2. The aforementioned rights of use remain in force even in the event of termination of the forum account.
§ 5 Limitation of liability
1. The provider of the forum assumes no liability for the content posted in the forum, in particular for its accuracy, completeness and timeliness.
2. The provider is liable for intent and gross negligence and in the event of breach of a material contractual obligation. Essential contractual obligations are those whose fulfillment makes the proper execution of the contract possible in the first place and on whose compliance the contractual partner may regularly rely. The Provider shall be liable, limited to compensation for the damage foreseeable at the time of the conclusion of the contract and typical for the contract, for such damage that is based on a slightly negligent breach of material contractual obligations by him or one of his legal representatives or vicarious agents. The Provider shall not be liable in the event of a slightly negligent breach of ancillary obligations that are not essential contractual obligations. Liability for damages that fall within the scope of protection of a guarantee or warranty given by the provider as well as liability for claims based on the Product Liability Act and damages arising from injury to life, limb or health shall remain unaffected.
§ 6 Term / Termination of the Agreement
1. This Agreement shall be concluded for an indefinite period.
2. Both parties can terminate this agreement without notice.
3. If the user deletes his account or has it deleted (termination of the contract), his public statements, in particular contributions in the forum, remain visible to all readers, but the account is no longer accessible and marked in the forum with "guest". All other data will be deleted.
Source: Forum rules sample from Juraforum.de